Marmon/Keystone is a supply chain solutions provider with over a century of expertise in the metals industry. One of the largest distributors of tubing, pipe and bar products with locations spanning North America. Our average employee tenure of 15 years reinforces our commitment of going beyond metal products!
The primary role of the Sacramento Account Manager position is to represent Marmon/Keystone in a professional capacity while maintaining and growing our business with established and new customers
- The Central Valley, East Bay and Northern California areas.
- The right candidate will be geographically located in the Central Valley and East Bay areas of California.
- Forecasts sales and gross profit for assigned territory and will increase revenue in targeted accounts
- Identify and call on new customers which offer the greatest potential for long term, sustainable relationships
- Increase revenue in targeted accounts through the sale of tubing, pipe, bar, as well as value added services and programs; grows new business by increasing sales through profitable transactional growth
- Assess the profit potential for all existing and potential accounts
- Handles customer complaints and communicates other key information to management
- Quickly builds strong relationships with contacts at all levels across a variety of functions within customer organization, especially key decision makers.
- Works closely with all departments within M/K to creatively achieve both company and customer objectives
- Keeps customers informed about industry and economic trends and M/K’s ability to assist customers in adapting to change
- Understands and monitors the competitive environment and provides market intelligence to sales management to help shape company sales strategies and price levels
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business and professional journals
- Effective in written business correspondence, in presenting information and responding to questions from managers and customers.
- Provides sales management with updates on daily activities to include prospecting, account development and presentations.
- Consistently manages daily call planning and execution
YOU: The Applicant
A motivated metals industry professional looking for a company with a strong history and growth opportunities.
- Proven ability to identify, evaluate opportunities and strategize innovative solutions
- Takes on challenges, brainstorms and is deadline driven
- Flexible and easily adaptable to change
- Strong knowledge of pipe/tubing/bar/value added services
- Successful track record of business development/project management experience
- Minimum of 2 years previous sales experience in metals service center industry or similar industrial sales industry
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in marketing, business or related field of study
- Proficient with MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) required
- Excellent communication, time management and problem-solving skills
- Works independently and a self-starter
- Employee benefits available day ONE of hire include medical, vision, and dental coverage along with 401k enrollment/Roth IRA enrollments and company paid life/STD/LTD insurance
- A parental leave plan that provides 4 weeks of paid parental leave for the birth or adoption of a child
- Tuition Reimbursement plan for active full-time employees after one year of service for job related courses of study